Saturday, January 8, 2011

My very first Magnolia card

I got this Magnolia stamp the other day and I just couldn't wait to try it. So I brought all my papers and embellishments out of the closet and started crafting. :) Here is the result ...


For the background I used a brownish paper from Scrapwork (As you wish products LLC; Formal Affair) and as for the blue paper goes, I received one sheet from a friend some time ago so I have no idea of its brand. It's a light blue paper with embossed flowers and I think it goes well with the brownish paper which I used for background. As you can see I also used some ribbon and lace, some Prima flowers and some brads for this product. For the die-cuts I used Spellbinder's Nestabilities. For inking I used Tim Holz's Distress Ink (Brushed corduroy). The "Best of luck" stamp is from G Studio's clear stamps collection. And for coloring I used the colored pencils.

Here you can see details of the card.





This card has been entered to the following challenges:
Fab 'n' Funky: Anything goes
Papertake Weekly: Anything goes (with option to add a lace)
Ladybug Crafts Ink: Anything goes
Creative Craft World: Anything goes
Whoopsi Daisy: Anything goes
Wild Orchid: A sketch by Bev

13 comments:

  1. That's soooo cute! Thanks for taking up our challenge at Creative Cradt World.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. i wouldn`t believe that this was your first magnolia if you hadn`t said so. You have done well colouring the image. If you want to learn more about colouring you can find lot of tips at passion for ProMarkers. You also have some wonderful DP`s and the colours are so soft and beautiful. Great job on this card. Thanks for joining us at WhoopsiDaisy this week. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card... a nice first! Still haven't any Magnolia stamp, wonder if I will finally follow so many bloggers who bought these stamps...
    Thanks for playing at the Ladybug Crafts Ink challenge this week, hope to see you back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice details and great coloring of your image. So happy to have you play along this week at WHOOPSI DAISY:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats gorgeous :) lovely colours too. Thank you for joining us over at Creative Craft World for our challenge.

    Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card so beautifull put together. Thanks for joining in with this week's PTW challenge. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! This is just stunning card. You did fantastic job. Thanks for playing with us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.
    Hugs Nataliya.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your very first Magnolia card! It's gorgeous. Thank you for joining us for this weeks challenge with Whoopsi Daisy.
    Hugs Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card - thank you so much for joining us over at CCW :-)

    Hugs Sarah x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card. You've colored Tilda beautifully and I love the flowers you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh shes beautiful. I do love Tildas when im stamping.

    Thankyou for sharing with us at Creative Craft World for our 'Anything Goes' Challenge.

    Oona (Choccy) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great creation in beautiful colours! Thanks for playing along with us at WOC this time - best of luck!
    Hugs, Lena K

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)