Thursday, March 29, 2012

Black, white and one other colour

Hello, hello! Wow, how time flies by. Can you believe it's almost the end of March? O.o  Spring is waking up and Easter is just around the corner. Nice, nice. :P Do you have any special traditions for Easter where you live? Or any special yummy food (dessert or something similar) that you make for Easter? We often eat "potica" here. My grandma makes a yummy one. :)

Anyways ... Enough of babbling ... I started writing this post to tell you about the new challenge at Crafty ribbons challenge blog. Your host is sweet Dawn, who chose "Black, white + one other colour" to be the theme for this challenge.

For my card I chose purple to be that "plus one colour". Here's my card ...


I didn't use and DP, just plain white, black and purple cardstock, which I punched with my border punch. I embossed the white cardstock with Cottage floral embossing folder. The doily was actually white but I colored it purple with "Lilac" Paper soft colour from Viva decor. I bought this by mistake - I was actually looking for a purple stamping pad, but they didn't have it so I though that maybe this could work. Well, it sort of does, but it gives you kind of a "water looking" image when you stamp and this wasn't really what I was hoping for. But this colour turned out to be useful anyway. :) The fab polka dot ribbon (I LOVE polka dots!) is from Crafty ribbons. I used the sweet Dress up Marci from La-la Land Crafts as the main image (isn't she just too cute?!) and I colored her with Promarkers and colour pencils. On the beads and "white" part of her hat I used diamond Stickles. I won the sentiment stamp some time ago at one challenge blog. On the scalloped circle I used pearl pen from Viva decor.

I hope you like my card! :)

Oh, and before I forget ... Once again we have an amazing prize for the lucky winner. Look at what you can win...

Aren't these ribbons gorgeous? I love the bright colours!! If you want to win them, just come play with us. Who knows, luck might be on your side. ;) And if you are in a hurry, you can find all these ribbons on Crafty ribbons site. :)

I wish you all a wonderful day!
Hugs!

I'd like to enter this card to:
La-la Land Crafts cutomer gallery

9 comments:

  1. Card is so lovely, cute lady in the hat :-) and I love the color purple :-)
    when it comes to Easter traditions in my country is on the second day of the holidays, the young boys sprinkle girls with water to guarantee a success :-)

    And you good luck in the challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute! I like the purple and black together!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty...love the purple and her sweet hat! ;) Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card chanelle.i love your stunning design and colours and the image is so sweet :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cebelica this is absolutely gorgeous I really love these images they are so cute and adorable, the colours and design are super.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cute card!!This is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabby card hun, stunning colour ways and fabby image, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is gorgeous Cebelica, love the sweet image and beautiful colours and doily xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)