Monday, March 14, 2016

It's a bit shabby and a bit chic

Hello everybody! :) How are you doing today? I hope everything is well with you! 

I was offered a GDT position at Bunny Zoe's challenge blog this month and I gladly accepted. :) Unfortunately the lovely Nikki is closing down the store, but there are still some great stuff in there at great prices, so you might want to check it out. :)

The challenge theme this month is "Create a card using your favourite stamp brand sold at Bunny Zoe's crafts". I know this sounds like a very easy theme, but it was not an easy one for me. Why not? Because Nikki has soooooo many awesome stamp brands for sale in the store. It was nearly impossible to choose just one, because there are so many I really like (a.g. The Greeting Farm, Kaisercraft, Whimsy ...). It took me a while to decide which one to choose, but I guess I was in a mood for creating something a bit more "shabby chic" when I was making a decision, so I decided to use some of the Kaisercraft stamps for this challenge. 

Before I show you my card I want to tell you a little something about my friend Pamellia ... She's one *very* talented lady and all her creations are breath-taking. In my eyes she's the queen of shabby chic and vintage style. Why am I telling you this? Because this card that I'm about to show you was inspired by her work. 

So, here's my card ...


I didn't use any design papers on my card. It's all made with white cardstock, some Kaisercraft stamps and TH stencil. To make the golden pattern on the cardstock I first stamped on the cardstock and then did some embossing with Ranger's Queen's gold embossing powder. Stamps used for this were Kaisercraft's Arty and Flutter. The diamond background was created with TH harlequin stencil. First I used the stencil with victorian velvet distress ink, spinkled it with water to get rid of the harsh lines and then I sprinkled some frantage and glittery light pink embossing powder over it. The music background I made on the "flag" was also made with Kaisercraft's stamp (Sheet music), but this time I only stamped the image, I didn't do the embossing.

For the main focus of my card I played around with stamps from Kaisercraft's Honey Chai set. The "frame" was embossed with Queen's gold embossing powder and the birds were stamped with Memento rich cocoa stamp pad and coloured with TH spun sugar distress ink. Butterflies were stamped on vellum and embossed with white embossing powder.

I distressed all of the edges with my scissors and I decorated the card with some lace and trims from my stash. The crystals I used for the center of the butterflies are from Kaisercraft and pearls are from my stash.

I hope you like this card and that you'll come and join the challenge too. Can't wait to see which stamp brand is your favourite. :)

Have a great day!
Hugs! xx

I'd like to enter my card to the following challenges:
Live and love crafts: Signs of spring
Crop Stop: Anything goes (from the store: Kaisercraft, tim Holtz stencil and distress ink, Ranger embossing powder)
Little Miss Muffet: Anything goes
Craft heaven shop: Spring has sprung

6 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Cebelica and well done on the new DT spot.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so beautiful Cebelica.Gorgeous birds and i love all your pretty layers and delicate colours ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my sweet friend!! I have been so short on time, I apologize for not visiting more, but when I saw this thumbnail, I knew I had to come and get a closer looksie. WOWZERS Maja, I sure do love when you channel your inner shabby chic!! I can't believe that your card has no designer paper, wow, what an amazing job! The colours are so dreamy and I sure do love the soft pink Harlequin stencilling, gorgeous!! Beautiful trims, lovely bird images (which are my favourite)!! You really took my breath away with this one my friend!

    Thank you so much for the kind words and the shout out, it's such an honour to be a small part of your inspiration!! I do hope all is well with the new family addition...pics please!! big hugs to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful - Love the layers and embellishments! Thanks for joining the challenge at Little Miss Muffet Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card it is wonderfull, love the style, thank you for joining us at LMMS anything goes challenge and good luck, hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMAZING ... thank you for participating in the challenge DT Iza and the team Heaven Craft Shop:) Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)